Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > which plugins download for Eclipse?

which plugins download for Eclipse?

Henrique Seganfredo

Folks, I am trying Eclipse here, but it seems to offer so many plugins
options that I get somewhat lost. Sincerely I have no time to keep
installing all them here and check every one.

Basically here is what I want, probably a single plugin wont cover all these
requisites...

1) Extra Swing components (datetime pickers, datatables, etc.)
2) Code completion and syntax highlight for .java, XML, .JSP, Javascript,
HTML, etc.
3) Database access (editor, query), and if possible graphical view of the
database schema and even edition w/o dealing with SQL commands.
4) Tomcat support for simple JSP apps

As you see I don't deal with J2EE...

Any tips??
--
Henrique Seganfredo

Bryce

On Thu, 20 May 2004 00:02:41 -0300, "Henrique Seganfredo"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>4) Tomcat support for simple JSP apps
>
>As you see I don't deal with J2EE...

actually, JSP is a part of J2EE...

--
now with more cowbell

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Folks, I am trying Eclipse here, but it seems to offer so many plugins
>options that I get somewhat lost. Sincerely I have no time to keep
>installing all them here and check every one.
>
>Basically here is what I want, probably a single plugin wont cover all these
>requisites...
>
>1) Extra Swing components (datetime pickers, datatables, etc.)

Why do you need an Eclipse plugin for these?

>2) Code completion and syntax highlight for .java, XML, .JSP, Javascript,
>HTML, etc.

Doesn't Eclipse come with that?

>3) Database access (editor, query), and if possible graphical view of the
>database schema and even edition w/o dealing with SQL commands.

I don't use them, but you can find many plugins here:

http://eclipse-plugins.2y.net/eclips...7BF5CFA98087C4

>4) Tomcat support for simple JSP apps

http://eclipse-plugins.2y.net/eclips...ategory=Tomcat

With the Sysdeo plugin being my fav.