Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > CMP with MaxDB and Sun Appserver

CMP with MaxDB and Sun Appserver

John

Does anyone have experience of using these two technologies together for
CMP with EJBs? I am having difficulties getting capture-schema to work
with deploytool (I suspect the blame is at MaxDB's door) and there is
very little material on the subject.

(Apologies to mainstream database and java guys for how specific this is).

John

Daniel Dittmar

John wrote:
> Does anyone have experience of using these two technologies together for
> CMP with EJBs? I am having difficulties getting capture-schema to work
> with deploytool (I suspect the blame is at MaxDB's door) and there is
> very little material on the subject.
>
> (Apologies to mainstream database and java guys for how specific this is).
>
> John

Try activating the JDBC trace of the MaxDB driver:
http://sapdb.2scale.net/moin.cgi/JdbcTrace

Look for any exceptions in the resulting trace. Common errors are
- the application doesn't quote case sensitive identifiers properly
- the driver returns catalog information in a format different from the
one the application expects

You could also try the Oracle compatibility mode.

Daniel

John

Daniel Dittmar wrote:
> John wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have experience of using these two technologies together
>> for CMP with EJBs? I am having difficulties getting capture-schema to
>> work with deploytool (I suspect the blame is at MaxDB's door) and
>> there is very little material on the subject.
>>
>> (Apologies to mainstream database and java guys for how specific this
>> is).
>>
>> John

> Try activating the JDBC trace of the MaxDB driver:
> http://sapdb.2scale.net/moin.cgi/JdbcTrace
>
> Look for any exceptions in the resulting trace. Common errors are
> - the application doesn't quote case sensitive identifiers properly
> - the driver returns catalog information in a format different from the
> one the application expects
>
> You could also try the Oracle compatibility mode.
>
> Daniel

Using the trace allowed me to diagnose the problem within 30 minutes. It
turns out that the jdbc driver wasn't capturing primary key information
at all. A quick edit-recompile of the jdbc driver ( benefits of open
source) and the schema was generated fine. A bit of messing around (90
mins) with deploytool to make sure that many-many mappings were working,
and an increase to the MaxDB connection pool size was all that was
required to get this app deployed and working.

Thanks for your help Daniel, I was about to give up and start work on a
Gentoo box with PostgreSQL!

John

WScompile / Sun AppServer T. Java 0 04-14-2005 11:24 AM
Diff of Sun Java System AppServer vs. SunONE Server vs. Sun Java System Web Server ? Ulf Meinhardt Java 0 11-11-2004 09:40 PM
Eclipse, Lomboz, and Sun Appserver 8 natG Java 0 08-19-2004 02:11 AM
no cmp field defined in cmp ejb Andrea Sansottera Java 0 07-16-2004 02:24 PM
Session expiration problem in Sun ONE Appserver - please help jan@glovis.de Java 9 11-21-2003 01:54 PM

Advertisments