Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > struts server side validation

struts server side validation

David McDivitt

I have a problem I'm hoping someone can shed light on. In my application,
client side validation works fine. However, I need to use server side
validation instead because users want that. I removed the onsubmit attribute
from the html:form tag in the JSP, but no error is ever generated on the
server side. I have been through the documentation and insured all the
pieces are in place. The form bean extends ValidatorForm, and there is an
input value for the action mapping in struts-config.xml. Can anyone shed
light on why server validation is not working pursuant to values put in
validation.xml? If client side validation works, that would imply
validation.xml has been done properly, then if client side validation is
removed, server validation should occur pursuant to the same rules. Thanks

Sudsy

David McDivitt wrote:
> I have a problem I'm hoping someone can shed light on. In my application,
> client side validation works fine. However, I need to use server side
> validation instead because users want that. I removed the onsubmit attribute
> from the html:form tag in the JSP, but no error is ever generated on the
> server side. I have been through the documentation and insured all the
> pieces are in place. The form bean extends ValidatorForm, and there is an
> input value for the action mapping in struts-config.xml. Can anyone shed
> light on why server validation is not working pursuant to values put in
> validation.xml?

Not without seeing all the files. You might want to have a peek here,
however:
<http://www.sudsy.net/technology/validation.html>

amarnath_it amarnath_it is offline
Junior Member