Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Need help w. Java Security Exception.

Need help w. Java Security Exception.

Steve Burrus

I find myself in some degree of need for some help/assistance with a
rather persistent problem that I have encountered in the past, and that
is always getting this Java Exception,
"java.lang.AccessControlException"! I am trying to see a swing applet at
the time of this exception!

Michael Rauscher

Steve Burrus schrieb:

> I find myself in some degree of need for some help/assistance with a
> rather persistent problem that I have encountered in the past, and that
> is always getting this Java Exception,
> "java.lang.AccessControlException"! I am trying to see a swing applet at
> the time of this exception!

I'd assume that you try to access files or making requests to other
hosts than the applet originates from. Either you should not do that or
sign your applet.

Bye
Michael

Roedy Green