Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > OT: Java Browser Plugin Broken After SDK Install

OT: Java Browser Plugin Broken After SDK Install

cppaddict

Hi,

Has anyone else seen the following problem: After installing the Java
SDK (including the latest version of the runtime), Java browser
plugins no longer work. Indeed, when I encounter a page with an
applet, I am redirected to the Java download site and told to download
the latest JRE, even though it is already installed on my computer. I
can complile and run my Java programs fine.

Anyone know how to fix this? What's causing it?

Thanks,
cpp

PS: Sorry for the slightly off-topic post, but I already tried some
other groups without success, and am hoping other programmers have run
into the same thing.

Roedy Green

On Sun, 09 May 2004 18:44:55 GMT, cppaddict <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or
quoted :

>Java browser
>plugins no longer work.

Try toggling support off, apply and on, apply in the Java Plugin
Control panel.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jre.html#TESTING

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Is JRE from J2EE not usable to install a java browser plugin? Is separate JRE really necessary? Artur McCennon Java 0 07-22-2009 09:37 AM
Plugin SDK licence mark NZ Computing 0 01-21-2008 06:37 PM
Eclipse Plugin: how to modify perl build path from an eclipse Plugin java class eser@libero.it Java 1 09-07-2007 09:45 PM
Photoshop Plugin SDK Robert Redwood - easyelements.com Digital Photography 0 01-25-2006 05:52 PM
Photoshop Plugin SDK Robert Redwood - easyelements.com Digital Photography 1 01-23-2006 08:23 PM

Advertisments