Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java product links?

Java product links?

Marc Dzaebel

what is the most complete page of Java products?

Thanks, Marc

Murray

"Marc Dzaebel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c7ln98$sqc$01$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> what is the most complete page of Java products?
>
> Thanks, Marc

What kind of products are you after?

Roedy Green

On Sun, 9 May 2004 18:46:47 +0200, "Marc Dzaebel" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote or quoted :

>what is the most complete page of Java products?

What sort of products?

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/ide.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/profiler.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdbc.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/isp.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/compiler.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/servletwomb.html

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Marc Dzaebel

> What kind of products are you after?

Especially bigger desktop applications. However, I'd like to prove that
there are available Java tools in enterprize quality. I'm not only focussed
on free tools.

Rick Ross recently published a list of free tools in javalobby:

Ant, BlueJ, Commons, dom4J, Eclipse, FormLayoutMaker, GCViewer, Hibernate,
iText, jEdit, Kunststoff, Lucene, Maven, NetBeans, OSCache, Piccolo, Quartz,
Retr! oweaver, SiteMesh, Tomcat, UJAC, Velocity, WebWork, XDoclet, yGuard,
Zaval, Jalopy, JBoss, Jcrontab, JDepend, Jetty, JFreeChart, etcetera,
etcetera, etcetera.

Thanks in advance

Marc

Marc Dzaebel

> What sort of products?

Roedy,

yes of course I should have looked in your very helpfull glossary. Good
links, thank you! However, the mentioned tools belong to Java itself rather
than being "Enduser" tools. This kind would interest me here. (Usually the
others

Thanks, Marc

Christophe Vanfleteren

Marc Dzaebel wrote:

>> What kind of products are you after?

> Especially bigger desktop applications. However, I'd like to prove that
> there are available Java tools in enterprize quality. I'm not only
> focussed on free tools.

An extensive list of Swing applications:

http://java.sun.com/products/jfc/tsc/sightings/

--
Kind regards,
Christophe Vanfleteren

Roedy Green

On Sun, 9 May 2004 22:58:28 +0200, "Marc Dzaebel" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote or quoted :

>yes of course I should have looked in your very helpfull glossary. Good
>links, thank you! However, the mentioned tools belong to Java itself rather
>than being "Enduser" tools. This kind would interest me here. (Usually the
>others

I gather you are just trying to prove to someone that Java can be
used?

"Tools" covers a pretty broad territory. I listed some I've written a
day or so ago in comp.lang.java.advocacy where some twit was claiming
there were no end-user Java apps.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Marc Dzaebel

> I gather you are just trying to prove to someone that Java can be
> used?

in a way. However, it could give some indication of Java's maturity.

> "Tools" covers a pretty broad territory. I listed some I've written a
> day or so ago in comp.lang.java.advocacy where some twit was claiming
> there were no end-user Java apps.

I found them, thanks!

Marc

Marc Dzaebel

> An extensive list of Swing applications:
>
> http://java.sun.com/products/jfc/tsc/sightings/

yes, I once visited this page. A good hint!

Thanks, Marc