Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Writing CLOBs to Oracle Databases.

Writing CLOBs to Oracle Databases.

Andoni

Hello,

I am using Java 1.3.1 to write to Oracle 9.0 / 9.2 databases and I am
running into problems.
I don't seem to be able to write large files to the CLOB or large amounts of
data either.

There are two different parts of my application involved, the first involves
using a textarea to write articles for submitting to a web-site (Tomcat
4.0.4 powered) which are then displayed on my public site. The other
involves using a File Upload box to upload a text file for sending as a HTML
newsletter which is also size limited.

These are not being limited to the size of a CLOB as that is huge compared
to what I am adding. Also I have found a Delphi tool which allows me add
files to Oracle CLOBs and this has been able to make the addition
successfully. Is there something wrong with my Driver, I am using Oracle's
own Thin JDBC driver 9.0.1.4

My thanks in advance for any help you may give. Any questions please ask
through the group.

Cheers,
Andoni.

Sudsy

Andoni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Java 1.3.1 to write to Oracle 9.0 / 9.2 databases and I am
> running into problems.
> I don't seem to be able to write large files to the CLOB or large amounts of
> data either.

<snip>

Sounds like the old 4000 byte limit. You did do a search of the archives
before posting this question, right? Thought not, else you'd have found
articles such as the following:

<http://www.sudsy.net/technology/clobs.html>

Enjoy!

Andoni

Sorry, I actually did a search immediately after posting the message and
found such articles.

Apologies,

Andoni.

"Sudsy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andoni wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am using Java 1.3.1 to write to Oracle 9.0 / 9.2 databases and I am
> > running into problems.
> > I don't seem to be able to write large files to the CLOB or large

amounts of
> > data either.

> <snip>
>
> Sounds like the old 4000 byte limit. You did do a search of the archives
> before posting this question, right? Thought not, else you'd have found
> articles such as the following:
>
> <http://www.sudsy.net/technology/clobs.html>
>
> Enjoy!

Sudsy

Andoni wrote:
> Sorry, I actually did a search immediately after posting the message and
> found such articles.
>
> Apologies,

Live and learn. And if you do run up against a wall then just post
a complete description of the problem (include what you've tried and
exactly how it failed) to the ng.