Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Authentication methods/ name/pw etc.

Authentication methods/ name/pw etc.

D E

I'm running Apache Tomcat, and as of now, JDBC to Microsoft Access...
Considering migration from Access to MYSQL. What are the best methods for
authenticating a user (i.e. name/password check). So far, I'm using a SELECT
If name=[name] and password=[pw] etc. against a name/pw table in database.

Again, I am limited by one computer and my probable lack of desire, at least
now, to run any application server. (as opposed to Tomcat which is a
?webserver?). So LDAP and other such complicated methods MIGHT be a little
too much for what i bargained for... But if it's worthwhile, I welcome
suggestions. Thanks a lot.

=dave

Mohamad Fazli

Authentication methods really depends on what u want to do.. and what u want
to achieve out of it..

Select statement is the easiest possible way for authenticatoin against a
database..

LDAP .. is very fast .. but more complex..

Some other things u might one to consider is do.. u need encryption?

news:KCXlc.9310$(E-Mail Removed)...