Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Scaling PNG image

Scaling PNG image

ko021_626@hotmail.com

Hi, I'm looking for a simple way to scale a png image, not
with existing APIs, but I need the concept (or better, a sample
source code)
Can anyone point me out some links/help?

Thanks!

Andrew Thompson

On 29 Apr 2004 09:36:52 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> ..I'm looking for a simple way to scale a png image,

Use the existing tools.

> ..not with existing APIs,

Why?

--
Andrew Thompson

Roedy Green

On 29 Apr 2004 09:36:52 -0700, (E-Mail Removed)
((E-Mail Removed)) wrote or quoted :

>Hi, I'm looking for a simple way to scale a png image, not
>with existing APIs, but I need the concept (or better, a sample
>source code)
>Can anyone point me out some links/help?

Just use drawImage with a scale onto a JPanel

If you don't want to display the result, try drawImage onto another
Image. I have not done this, but I've read about it, sort of like
having sex while hanging from a trapeeze.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jpegencoder.html
for links to the techniques for converting gif jpg and png back to
files.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Thomas Weidenfeller

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi, I'm looking for a simple way to scale a png image, not
> with existing APIs, but I need the concept (or better, a sample
> source code)
> Can anyone point me out some links/help?

Get the faq for comp.graphics.algorithms. Check chapter 3 and also the
book section. A textbook like Foley, van Dam, Feiner, Hughes: "Computer
Graphics: Principles and Practice" should contain an introduction about
the common algorithms. The Graphic Gems series should also have a bunch
of example algorithms.

/Thomas