Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > what tech Yahoo uses?

what tech Yahoo uses?

homecurr@yahoo.com

Hi everyone:

Do you know what technique Yahoo used on it web site like MyYahoo and
finance.Yahoo.com? I want to know if it is Jsp/servlet, CGI, or
others. I see a lot URLs in the pattern of
http://somelink.yahoo.com/some_app/s...a1=v1&para2=v2. I
guess it should be Jsp. How about CGI? I do not think yahoo use
..Net...

Thanks,

John

Ben Wilson

The PHP community is proud to count Yahoo among its users. At least, that's
what I read a year ago...

How much of Yahoo is on PHP I don't know, however...

Sorry, I don't have the link anymore where you could verify.

Ben.

<(E-Mail Removed)> scytta an bricte
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi everyone:
>
> Do you know what technique Yahoo used on it web site like MyYahoo and
> finance.Yahoo.com? I want to know if it is Jsp/servlet, CGI, or
> others. I see a lot URLs in the pattern of
> http://somelink.yahoo.com/some_app/s...a1=v1&para2=v2. I
> guess it should be Jsp. How about CGI? I do not think yahoo use
> .Net...
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

Roedy Green

On 25 Apr 2004 20:26:47 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote or quoted :

>Do you know what technique Yahoo used on it web site like MyYahoo and
>finance.Yahoo.com? I want to know if it is Jsp/servlet, CGI, or
>others. I see a lot URLs in the pattern of
>http://somelink.yahoo.com/some_app/s...a1=v1&para2=v2. I
>guess it should be Jsp. How about CGI? I do not think yahoo use

If you want to have your program talk to their server, it does not
really matter what they are doing. You still just talk HTTP GET PUT.

If you do a view source, you see they make heavy use of JavaScript.

JSP, Servlets and just about anything else mimics the old CGI HTTP Get
command line. That is what FORMS will generate when you click submit.
These look to the server like little canned forms.

Sometimes the server hints what is it using. MS with .asp. Servlets
with .jsp and PHP with .php.

The best practice is to keep that hidden. Then if you change your
server womb software, old bookmarks will still work.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

homecurr@yahoo.com

Any idea?