Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Inner Classes a liability

Inner Classes a liability

Roedy Green

On Tue, 4 May 2004 15:20:19 +0000 (UTC), http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Bent C
Dalager) wrote or quoted :

>I agree. I think of it as short-hand for "OuterClass.this." provided
>by a (perhaps overly helpful) compiler.

I was working an a program on the weekend where I was puzzled at error
messages. They all cleared up when I fully qualified Outerclass.this
and Outerclass.somestatic. Sometimes it seemed to me the compiler
should have been be able to tell what I meant, but it could not. I
decided then just to always qualify. Probably helps programmers too
to know where to look for the variable definitions.

Then there is that strange "final" rule.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.