Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > using custom cursor image

using custom cursor image

Ian

Hi,
Is there a way to customise the cursor to use different images - I have a
number of gifs in the current directory of my source files which I would
like to use.

From what I understand of the API and the Java tutorial you can use the
various images/cursors from inside the API for cursors. But if I distribute
my program to another PC which does not have these images then the cursor
types may not be available(as not in their API images directory) . Basically
I need the cursor image to point to my gif file -- ./myImage.gif

Any pointers appreciated
regards

Andrew Thompson

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:50:15 +0930, Ian wrote:

> ...if I distribute
> my program to another PC which does not have these images then the cursor
> types may not be available(as not in their API images directory) . Basically
> I need the cursor image to point to my gif file -- ./myImage.gif

Distribute the image in your .jar file,
use Class.getResource("/myImage.gif")
to get an URL and you are in business.
<http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#path>