Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > start browser

start browser

Peter Grison

I want my java application to report using the standard browser. What
approaches can I use to start up the operating system's standard browser
from within my application?

--
Peter Grison

Larry Barowski

"Peter Grison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c5vtg1$2cu$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb.home.nl...
> I want my java application to report using the standard browser. What
> approaches can I use to start up the operating system's standard browser
> from within my application?

Many systems have no "standard browser", but look here
for a system-specific (for many common systems) solution:
http://browserlauncher.sourceforge.net/

-Larry Barowski