Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > iText HTML->PDF Problems

iText HTML->PDF Problems

Chris

I'm using the itext pdf generation tools and running into a few
stumbling blocks.. I've got a html document that we would like to
convert into a PDF... Most of it works good.. For some reason i'm
having problems w/ certain tags such as <HR /> and <ol></ol> &
<ul></ul>...

<hr /> tags throw a element not supported 39 error... and ol, ul say
they're supported but seem a little flakey to me...

also in the html document we're specifying times new roman font but
for some reason the pdf doesn't print that font.

does anybody know of any work-arounds for these problems? or having
problems with this????

Roedy Green

On 16 Apr 2004 08:47:00 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Chris)
wrote or quoted :

><hr /> tags throw a element not supported 39 error... and ol, ul say
>they're supported but seem a little flakey to me...

you could try replacing them with <hr> or <hr/> tags and see if it
like them better. Funduc Search and Replace scripts are great for this
sort of job. see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/funduc.html

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Chris

i'm still searching for help on this...

thanks.

Itext Templates Marty Java 2 03-05-2010 01:56 PM
IText MultiColumnText height problems Aaron Java 1 10-04-2007 11:18 AM
fop or itext for java to pdf generation Tim Java 6 07-15-2005 03:54 PM
pdf-forms using iText Daniel Java 0 06-09-2005 12:18 PM
iText - placing barcode =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Przemys=B3aw?= Klein Java 2 03-11-2005 07:44 AM

Advertisments