Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Need advise on using java for RPC

Need advise on using java for RPC

kackson

Hi.
I'm new to java and web services. Appreciate if someone could give
some advise to my question (or point me to a right newsgroup to ask).
Thanks in advance.

I would like to remotely invoke a program (compute.exe) that reside on
a remote server. I have the client program called
sendComputeCommand.exe on my local machine which is able to send a
string command to be used as input argument for my compute.exe
program. At this point, I am able to formulate my string command in
the form of XML (SOAP message) and send via http to the server. But
that's about all that I know. At the server end, what should I do? If
I set up a webservice using J2EE, how do I invoke my compute.exe? Can
I invoke a .exe program from within java? And how do I get the output
of the result (which include a graph in the form of .jpg and some
numbers) to send back to my calling client on my local machine?
Sincerely appreciate if someone could enlighten. Thank you.

Python script xml-rpc to C# xml-rpc script Ymtrader Python 1 03-15-2011 03:20 PM
rpc (not xml-rpc) Vladimir Konrad Ruby 5 09-03-2005 02:18 PM
XML-RPC - java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.Date error during execute mgalaty Java 0 09-10-2004 01:26 AM
XML RPC to ONC XDR RPC Pere Montolio XML 0 08-11-2004 08:47 AM
Ruby and Sun-RPC or ONC-RPC ? Shirish Joshi Ruby 0 04-07-2004 10:12 AM

Advertisments