Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > How to use the printing in jsp

How to use the printing in jsp

steve

I am doing a final year project. It is using the JSP, but i don't know
how to use the printing with it.

Tony Morris

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I am doing a final year project. It is using the JSP, but i don't know
> how to use the printing with it.

LOL!!!

--
Tony Morris
(BInfTech, Cert 3 I.T.)

Chris Smith

steve wrote:
> I am doing a final year project. It is using the JSP, but i don't know
> how to use the printing with it.

JSP is a technology for generating web pages. It's not connected to
printing in any way.

You *could* print from Java code in a JSP scriptlet, but remember that
this code runs on the web server, not on the client, so this would only
work if *you* want a printed record of what the web server is doing. It
would not print anything your users could get to. This printing would
be done the same way you'd printing from Java outside of a JSP; probably
using the JPS API from 1.4.

You probably could also have the JSP generate JavaScript code that
prints the page. I don't know much about this, but JSP is merely
incidental here and not connected to the result; you could ask for
information on printing from JavaScript in an appropriate newsgroup for
that language (such as comp.lang.javascript).

The normal way to go about this, though, is to just generate the
resulting data in a simple HTML format so that it can be easily printed
by the user (simple because popular browsers tend to suck at fitting
nested tables to match the width of a sheet of paper). You'd then rely
on the user to print that page if they want to do so.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Christophe Vanfleteren

Tony Morris wrote:

> "steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>> I am doing a final year project. It is using the JSP, but i don't know
>> how to use the printing with it.

> LOL!!!

Maybe he's creating a website that will print the page the users requested
and snail-mail it to them

--
Kind regards,
Christophe Vanfleteren

steve

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:16:04 +0800, steve wrote
(in article <(E-Mail Removed)>) :

> I am doing a final year project. It is using the JSP, but i don't know
> how to use the printing with it.

well then do a search on the internet for "java printing jsp"

but if it is your final year , perhaps you don't have want is needed to
become a programmer.

mromarkhan@rogers.com

steve wrote:
> I am doing a final year project. It is using the JSP, but i don't know
> how to use the printing with it.

Peace.

Tested in Internet Explorer and Firefox
<input value="Print Preview" type="button" onClick="window.print();" />

Good Bye.