Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Runtime.exec()

Runtime.exec()

Coder

Hi,

I can successfully execute a program using runtime.exec(), but does
anyone know how to specify the window state that the program should
run in (i.e. make it run maximized, minimized, etc?) i'm looking for
the appropriate command line switches

any help would be greatly appreciated,
thanks.

Steve Horsley

Coder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can successfully execute a program using runtime.exec(), but does
> anyone know how to specify the window state that the program should
> run in (i.e. make it run maximized, minimized, etc?) i'm looking for
> the appropriate command line switches
>
> any help would be greatly appreciated,
> thanks.

I think you probably need to consult the documentation for the
executable that you are launching. Frinstance, gnome-terminal
has a --geometry=... option.

Steve