Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Intern failure

Intern failure

Roedy Green

I had a situation where intern appeared to fail once in a very long
while. Has anyone else seen this?

The odd thing was the string was "html" which occurs many many times
in the data, and it only failed once, and always at on the same
instance.

Using a equals compare made the problem go away.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Roedy Green

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 22:12:42 GMT, Roedy Green
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or quoted :

>I had a situation where intern appeared to fail once in a very long
>while. Has anyone else seen this?

false alarm. I think the problem involved serialisation. My
reinterning code on reconstituting was not getting run.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

David Zimmerman

Roedy Green wrote:

> On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 22:12:42 GMT, Roedy Green
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or quoted :
>

>>I had a situation where intern appeared to fail once in a very long
>>while. Has anyone else seen this?

> false alarm. I think the problem involved serialisation. My
> reinterning code on reconstituting was not getting run.
>
> --
> Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

interns are not to be trusted. They may appear eager when they first
start, but they bore easily and get tired.