Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: Java Interview questions

Re: Java Interview questions

Chris Smith

SMMT wrote:
> You are right. I anwser thinking the class would just have 1 method. (I
> coded an example to be shour). In that context: an abstract class is a class
> with an abstract method.

This piece of imported C++-ism (that an abstract class is a class with
at least one pure virtual (or, in Java terms, abstract) method) doesn't
apply to Java. The only such constraint is that a class with at least
one abstract method must be an abstract class. The converse is not
true. java.awt.Component provides an example.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation