Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > J2EE, what is it?

J2EE, what is it?

marcus

This is probably a pretty stupid question. I have programmed with Java
earlier (about a year ago), so I know the language at a decent level.

In many job adverticments I now see the term J2EE.

Is this just the newest version of Java, or is it a whole developers
solution, with editors and stuff, in that case which vendor provides
this.

Thanx

chris sennitt

The EE stands for Enterprise Edition
follow this link http://java.sun.com/j2ee/ to read all about it and download
etc

"marcus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> This is probably a pretty stupid question. I have programmed with Java
> earlier (about a year ago), so I know the language at a decent level.
>
> In many job adverticments I now see the term J2EE.
>
> Is this just the newest version of Java, or is it a whole developers
> solution, with editors and stuff, in that case which vendor provides
> this.
>
> Thanx

Stanimir Stamenkov

/marcus/:

> In many job adverticments I now see the term J2EE.
>
> Is this just the newest version of Java, or is it a whole developers
> solution, with editors and stuff, in that case which vendor provides
> this.

J2EE is set of standardized Java libraries (JMS, EJBs, Servlets,
etc.) extending the core Java framework to build enterprise (large
scale) applications on (http://java.sun.com/j2ee). You may read the
tutorial to find out more:
<http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/index.html>.

--