Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > setFullScreenWindow and JDialog

setFullScreenWindow and JDialog

Mike Westerfield

Running on Windows XP, JDK 1.4.2_03, I'm using setFullScreenWindow to
display my application in the middle of an otherwise solid colored
screen. That works well.

When I show a JDialog from the application, though, the borders of the
dialog are never drawn quite correctly; some of the full screen image
shows through. If I drag the dialog, the entire dialog "vanishes,"
apparently drawing the image under the dialog rather than the
components that should be in the dialog. Some of the components
reappear as I drag the mouse over them.

What am I doing wrong to cause setFullScreenWindow to erase my
dialogs?

Mike Westerfield