Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Disable window animation

Disable window animation

Mike Mimic

Hi!

How can I disable from Java window animation (the
animation of resizing window when it is minized or
restored) in MS Windows? I would like that window
is shown momentarily.

Please help

Mike

Mike Mimic

Hi!

> How can I disable from Java window animation (the
> animation of resizing window when it is minized or
> restored) in MS Windows? I would like that window
> is shown momentarily.

I have tryed using JWindow instead (so there is no
taskbar button - no minimizing - problem solved (at
least I though so)).

But it did not solve the problem as I get a new one.
JWindow cannot process key events and cannot get
keyboard focus.

So the problem is:

How can I disable animation?

or

How can I hide JPanel form taskbar?

or

How can I detect key events in JWindow?

or

How can I detect that JWindow got mouse focus? (In this
case I will use only mouse - it will have to do.)

Mike