Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Sign Applet

Sign Applet

Max

Hello I have try to sign an applet by mySelft :

jarsigner -keypass testpass -signedjar s_main.jar main.jar tester
Enter Passphrase for keystore: tester

Warning: The signer certificate will expire within six months.

When I try to run the applet in InternetExplorer I see :
do you want to accept applet signed by bla bla bla bla bla .

I click "ok" .
But When the applet is running , I see a Security Exception

Why ?

max

Andrew Thompson

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 12:56:05 +0200, Max wrote:

> Hello I have try to sign an applet

URL? Where is your applet?

>..by mySelft :

Is tricky, but good.

> When I try to run the applet in InternetExplorer I see :
> do you want to accept applet signed by bla bla bla bla bla .

> But When the applet is running , I see a Security Exception

What is the exact message (or at
least first 10 lines)?
<http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#exact>

What version of Java are you running?
<http://www.physci.org/codes/jre.jsp>

> Why ?

Why not?

--
Andrew Thompson

Max

http://192.168.1.131 (localhost)

> >..by mySelft :

> Is tricky, but good.

Tricky yes
But it is only in order to test .

> > When I try to run the applet in InternetExplorer I see :
> > do you want to accept applet signed by bla bla bla bla bla .

> > But When the applet is running , I see a Security Exception

> What is the exact message (or at
> least first 10 lines)?
> <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#exact>

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.awt.AWTPermission
createRobot)

> What version of Java are you running?
> <http://www.physci.org/codes/jre.jsp>

1.5.0

> Why not?

Because I drink Martini and I go at church every week-end

max

Roedy Green

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 12:56:05 +0200, "Max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or quoted
:

>When I try to run the applet in InternetExplorer I see :
>do you want to accept applet signed by bla bla bla bla bla .

test out http://mindprod.com/wassup.html to see if the problem is with
IE or with your applet.

Look at the console to make sure you are using a recent java, not the
ancient JVM that used to come with IE.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Max

> Look at the console to make sure you are using a recent java, not the
> ancient JVM that used to come with IE.

It work nice .
I see restricted property .

But your code don't use the Robot class :
is this a difference between my code and your code ?

max

Andrew Thompson

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 10:50:38 +0200, Max wrote:

>> Look at the console to make sure you are using a recent java, not the
>> ancient JVM that used to come with IE.

> It work nice .
> I see restricted property .
>
> But your code don't use the Robot class :
> is this a difference between my code and your code ?

There are probably various differences,
I cannot bring that page up at the moment
(is it my imagination, or is the internet
about to melt-down?)

I doubt Roedy's code was specifically
testing security or signing, just Java
versions.

This is a lot easier to do with _your_ URL,
_your_ applet..

Where is it?

--
Andrew Thompson

Roedy Green

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 06:35:26 GMT, Andrew Thompson
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or quoted :

>I doubt Roedy's code was specifically
>testing security or signing, just Java
>versions.

It was just a simple signed Applet. If it worked it proved he had
Java installed correctly, and it would tell him which version he had
installed.

The idea was to separate browser problems from coding problems.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Max

> The idea was to separate browser problems from coding problems.

Can you point me at commercial applet-certificate that i buy for testing
(under 20$) or
deployment (under 200$) purpose ?

max

Max

> Where is it?

Is on my localhost !
If you want I can send you the applet in email !

max

Andrew Thompson

Re: <http://mindprod.com/wassup.html>
>>I doubt Roedy's code was specifically
>>testing security or signing, just Java
>>versions.

> It was just a simple signed Applet. If it worked it proved he had
> Java installed correctly, and it would tell him which version he had
> installed.

My bad. I did not realize your page
_did_ test the important parts of what
the OP needed to know. I should have
visited the page before opening my
(big) mouth!

I have a different strategy for Java
versioning available at..
<http://www.physci.org/codes/jre.jsp>
Soon I will be introducing ones more
designed for the end user, those pages
will be pure HTML (to the casual observer).

By the way, your site is looking great,
glad to see you are expanding/udating it.

--
Andrew Thompson