Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: IE & applets

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: IE & applets

 
 
Andrew Thompson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-02-2004
On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 18:29:21 +0100, Jheroen wrote:

> hi andrew
>
> just mail me about that link and we'll arrange it!
> Jheroen


Hi!

Tried the email from your page several
days ago, but have not got a respopse yet,
so I thought I'd reprint it here..

<from email>
We conversed briefly on the forums in
relation to the MS JVM.

I had visited (and linked to) your site
not less than 48 hours before, due to my
involvement with fixing the breakage
caused by the MS JVM removal tool.
The fix that the OP found was to
reinstall the MS JVM, which he found
at your site and reported back to us.

I was also working on my own solution,
and I have come up with the MSJVM Cleaner.
At the moment it is crude. It strips the
MS JVM from under IE, and backs it up to
an entirely different path. That not
only makes it safe, it allows Sun Java
to run using the <applet> tag.

In the future I intend not only to add
'Restore' functionality to the MSJVM
Cleaner, but even better, I will be
able to rebuild the MS JVM completely
_without_ the ms.com.* classes, so you
can have an IE JVM that is light,
and guaranteed to be secure.
(In the event that IE forgets its
settings and reverts to 'Use MS JVM').

I like to present information and
opportunities to my users, and allow
them to make their own choices, in
much the spirit that you seem to
display at your site.

Obviously, I would appreciate a link
back from your site, would that be possible?

You can see the links to your site.. here.
http://www.physci.org/jvmclean.jsp?pt=dev#link
and here..
http://www.physci.org/jvmclean.jsp?pt=dev#comment
(first message on the 19th)

Also, for the page generally..
http://www.physci.org/jvmclean.jsp
</from email>

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.PhySci.org/ Open-source software suite
http://www.PhySci.org/codes/ Web & IT Help
http://www.1point1C.org/ Science & Technology
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andrew Thompson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-02-2004
On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 07:00:58 GMT, Andrew Thompson wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 18:29:21 +0100, Jheroen wrote:


> Tried the email from your page several
> days ago,


Just checked your new site/format.

I was not wanting to comment on the old
one, but I _would_ like to say that the
new format is very slick. It actually
looks like something from this millennium!

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.PhySci.org/ Open-source software suite
http://www.PhySci.org/codes/ Web & IT Help
http://www.1point1C.org/ Science & Technology
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jheroen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-02-2004
hi andrew
yes, i made the site a little bit more detailed and i split it in pieces so
that anyone could more easily find what they are looking for, i mailed you
back but i got the mail back in error
but, i am sure that you found your link in the installation directory?
btw, do you know where the msjvm removal tool from microsoft has been gone?
regards!
Jheroen

"Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:1awfn7xo2c6l7$.13o88aaegi7k$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 07:00:58 GMT, Andrew Thompson wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 18:29:21 +0100, Jheroen wrote:

>
> > Tried the email from your page several
> > days ago,

>
> Just checked your new site/format.
>
> I was not wanting to comment on the old
> one, but I _would_ like to say that the
> new format is very slick. It actually
> looks like something from this millennium!
>
> --
> Andrew Thompson
> http://www.PhySci.org/ Open-source software suite
> http://www.PhySci.org/codes/ Web & IT Help
> http://www.1point1C.org/ Science & Technology



 
Reply With Quote
 
Andrew Thompson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-02-2004
On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 09:59:20 +0200, Jheroen wrote:

> hi andrew
> yes, i made the site a little bit more detailed and i split it in pieces so
> that anyone could more easily find what they are looking for, i mailed you
> back but i got the mail back in error


Dang! I'll have to check into that..

> but, i am sure that you found your link in the installation directory?


I did not, but I must have missed it in the
excitement of your new site.

I'll have a proper look around again later.

[ Thanks much, BTW ]

> btw, do you know where the msjvm removal
> tool from microsoft has been gone?


I actually had a look last night on Google
and saw various refererences to it, some
even mentioning specific download, but I
did not follow them up.

[ So I am not _sure_ that they were not
just pointing back to MS ]

I think your site will be very busy.

> regards!


Take care.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.PhySci.org/ Open-source software suite
http://www.PhySci.org/codes/ Web & IT Help
http://www.1point1C.org/ Science & Technology
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dotnet versus Java-Applets Eitan ASP .Net 40 08-06-2005 10:57 PM
Equivalent of applets or ActiveX controls in .NET? =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYyBEYW4=?= ASP .Net 11 01-20-2005 09:52 PM
Applets (.NET style!) Alan Seunarayan ASP .Net 3 04-20-2004 06:34 AM
Equivalent to JAVA Applets shreesh ASP .Net 1 10-18-2003 07:07 PM
Downloading files with applets Praveen M V Java 1 08-13-2003 08:56 PM



Advertisments