Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > axis.jar does not contain org.apache.axis.client.ServiceClient?

axis.jar does not contain org.apache.axis.client.ServiceClient?

Joey Vendetta

Hi,

I am using some example code to learn about web services with SOAP and
WSDL. I have come accross some code as follows:

import org.apache.axis.client.ServiceClient;

public class HelloClient
{
{
String endpoint =
"http://localhost:8080/axis/HelloServer.jws";
ServiceClient client = new ServiceClient(endpoint);
String ret = (String)client.invoke("","sayHelloTo",new
Object[]{args[0]});
System.out.println(ret);
}
}

Which would be all well and good if axis.jar contained
ServiceClient.class, refered to in the import statement, but it
doesnt. I have the latest version of axis (1.1) and am not quite
suure what to do now. Are there different version of axis.jar, some
more extensive than others?

As usual any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

Best regards

Ben