Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: Java Telephony API + Symbian Series 60 = how to devellop?

Re: Java Telephony API + Symbian Series 60 = how to devellop?

SMMT

"R?ben Fonseca"

> I read that I could do this using the Java Telephony API. My problem
> is: I found lots of documentation about this API, but dunno where to
> download it!! I simply can't use it cause this package
> (javax.telephony) doesn't came with J2SE or J2ME!!!

That package will probably come with J2ME (Java 2 Micro Edition)
Look in http://java.sun.com for that.

SMMT

"SMMT"

> "R?ben Fonseca"
>
> > I read that I could do this using the Java Telephony API. My problem
> > is: I found lots of documentation about this API, but dunno where to
> > download it!! I simply can't use it cause this package
> > (javax.telephony) doesn't came with J2SE or J2ME!!!

> That package will probably come with J2ME (Java 2 Micro Edition)
> Look in http://java.sun.com for that.

Sorry, I read it wrong. I read J2SE and J2EE.

See
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communitypr...043/index.html
(download)
http://java.sun.com/products/jtapi/ (documentation)
http://java.sun.com/products/jtapi/j...telephony.html
(API)

R?ben Fonseca

"SMMT"
> "SMMT"
>
> > "R?ben Fonseca"
> >
> > > I read that I could do this using the Java Telephony API. My problem
> > > is: I found lots of documentation about this API, but dunno where to
> > > download it!! I simply can't use it cause this package
> > > (javax.telephony) doesn't came with J2SE or J2ME!!!

> > That package will probably come with J2ME (Java 2 Micro Edition)
> > Look in http://java.sun.com for that.

> Sorry, I read it wrong. I read J2SE and J2EE.
>
> See
> http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communitypr...043/index.html
> (download)
> http://java.sun.com/products/jtapi/ (documentation)
> http://java.sun.com/products/jtapi/j...telephony.html
> (API)

Well, many many many thanks for your help, I managed to download the
API and documentation and it seams that I'm ready to develop my
programas...

But a little problem persists... Where do I put this API so my IDE
recognize them and compiles/use it like any other package? (like
java.util??). Where do I put the files so it appear to be a part of
java fundamental classes?

I'm using Sun One 5 Mobile Edition, but if you think that other IDE
it's better for the job please say to me...

Thank's for your help again, and hope you hear good news from you soon

SMMT

"R?ben Fonseca"

> > See
> > http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communitypr...043/index.html
> > (download)
> > http://java.sun.com/products/jtapi/ (documentation)

http://java.sun.com/products/jtapi/j...telephony.html
> > (API)

> Well, many many many thanks for your help, I managed to download the
> API and documentation and it seams that I'm ready to develop my
> programas...

(Well here we are, to ppl that speak portuguise talking in english)

> But a little problem persists... Where do I put this API so my IDE
> recognize them and compiles/use it like any other package? (like
> java.util??). Where do I put the files so it appear to be a part of
> java fundamental classes?

Well I've never work with J2ME (I've bean into Java for only a month) but,
you can try pointing the classpath to the folder where you have the API.
Classpath is an environment variable. In windows you can set it in the
autoexec, or if using XP in the Control Panel / System look for enviroment
variable (variáveis de ambiente).

That's all can say...