Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > What is the -Xlint

What is the -Xlint

Steve R. Burrus

I would like someone/somebody please to tell me just what exactly the
"-Xlint" Java compiler switch is??? I successfully used it late last
nite to compile an "internationalization" kind of a servlet, but would
like to know what its' main function is supposed to be, and what kind of
either client-side or server-side Java programs is it designed to be a
compiler switch for!

Jim

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 20:59:02 GMT, "Steve R. Burrus"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I would like someone/somebody please to tell me just what exactly the
>"-Xlint" Java compiler switch is??? I successfully used it late last
>nite to compile an "internationalization" kind of a servlet, but would
>like to know what its' main function is supposed to be, and what kind of
>either client-side or server-side Java programs is it designed to be a
>compiler switch for!

Just appears to be a way of turning on/off specified warnings.

C:\JavaSource\Java_1.5\Coin>javac -X
-Xlint Enable recommended warnings
-Xlint:{all,deprecation,unchecked,switchcheck,path, serial,finally,

-deprecation,-unchecked,-switchcheck,-path,-serial,-finally}
Enable or disable specific warnings

Jim