Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Starting J2EE 1.4 Application Server (Linux)

Starting J2EE 1.4 Application Server (Linux)

Kristoffel

Hi,

When I launch the "J2EE 1.4 Application Server" in Linux, I receive this
error:

Error: Cannot connect to X11 server ':0.0'.
Check that the DISPLAY environment variable is correctly set or try
rerunning this application with the following usage:
'j2eesdk-1_4-dr-linux-eval-app' -console

When I launch
$> j2eesdk-1_4-dr-linux-eval-app -console
then I get this error:

Error: Cannot find the required Motif binaries.
Check that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable includes the
directories that contain the Motif binaries

this are my variable setting :
DISPLAY=:0.0
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib

Anybody see what am doing wrong?

Thanks

Kristoffel

Kristoffel

Problems are solved: openmotif was removed from my disk!
Thanks,

Kristoffel