Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > JSP page name in TagLibraryValidator

JSP page name in TagLibraryValidator

vince

Hi,

I'm using a TagLibraryValidator class to perform translation-time
validation in some JSP pages. In the validate method, I would need to
know the name of the JSP page being translated. How can I do that ?

Thanks !
Vincent

Manavendra Gupta

Is there any reason why you cannot use getRequestURI() or getServletPath()
to extract the name of the page?

Manav
"vince" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
>
> I'm using a TagLibraryValidator class to perform translation-time
> validation in some JSP pages. In the validate method, I would need to
> know the name of the JSP page being translated. How can I do that ?
>
> Thanks !
> Vincent

vince

"Manavendra Gupta" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<4048505f$0$22389$(E-Mail Removed) .net>...
> Is there any reason why you cannot use getRequestURI() or getServletPath()
> to extract the name of the page?

Yes, there is a reason why I cannot use these methods : in the
validation, we are at translation time, not at execution time. So,
there is no HttpRequest available !

Every suggest is appreciated !
Vincent