Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > openGL and 1.5

Reply
Thread Tools

openGL and 1.5

 
 
nos
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-05-2004
The "J2SE 1.5 in a Nutshell" page says
---
Linux and Solaris users who have the latest OpenGL drivers and select
graphic cards can get native hardware acceleration from Java2D using the
following runtime property:
java -Dsun.java2d.opengl=true -jar Java2D.
---
I recently got a Dell laptop with so called
"Intel Extreme Graphics" that includes openGL,
but I don't have any documentation. Will
the J2SE 1.5 distribution from Sun contain
everything I need? One other tiny detail,
I have WIN XP and they don't mention WIN.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Christophe Vanfleteren
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-05-2004
nos wrote:

> The "J2SE 1.5 in a Nutshell" page says
> ---
> Linux and Solaris users who have the latest OpenGL drivers and select
> graphic cards can get native hardware acceleration from Java2D using the
> following runtime property:
> java -Dsun.java2d.opengl=true -jar Java2D.
> ---
> I recently got a Dell laptop with so called
> "Intel Extreme Graphics" that includes openGL,
> but I don't have any documentation. Will
> the J2SE 1.5 distribution from Sun contain
> everything I need? One other tiny detail,
> I have WIN XP and they don't mention WIN.


Swing is already accelerated under windows using DirectX IIRC.

--
Kind regards,
Christophe Vanfleteren
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
nos
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-05-2004

"Christophe Vanfleteren" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:LNX1c.23719$(E-Mail Removed)-ops.be...
> nos wrote:
>
> > The "J2SE 1.5 in a Nutshell" page says
> > ---
> > Linux and Solaris users who have the latest OpenGL drivers and select
> > graphic cards can get native hardware acceleration from Java2D using the
> > following runtime property:
> > java -Dsun.java2d.opengl=true -jar Java2D.
> > ---
> > I recently got a Dell laptop with so called
> > "Intel Extreme Graphics" that includes openGL,
> > but I don't have any documentation. Will
> > the J2SE 1.5 distribution from Sun contain
> > everything I need? One other tiny detail,
> > I have WIN XP and they don't mention WIN.

>
> Swing is already accelerated under windows using DirectX IIRC.
>
> --
> Kind regards,
> Christophe Vanfleteren


Does DirectX use openGL hardware then?


 
Reply With Quote
 
Christophe Vanfleteren
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-05-2004
nos wrote:

>
> "Christophe Vanfleteren" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:LNX1c.23719$(E-Mail Removed)-ops.be...
>> nos wrote:
>>
>> > The "J2SE 1.5 in a Nutshell" page says
>> > ---
>> > Linux and Solaris users who have the latest OpenGL drivers and select
>> > graphic cards can get native hardware acceleration from Java2D using
>> > the following runtime property:
>> > java -Dsun.java2d.opengl=true -jar Java2D.
>> > ---
>> > I recently got a Dell laptop with so called
>> > "Intel Extreme Graphics" that includes openGL,
>> > but I don't have any documentation. Will
>> > the J2SE 1.5 distribution from Sun contain
>> > everything I need? One other tiny detail,
>> > I have WIN XP and they don't mention WIN.

>>
>> Swing is already accelerated under windows using DirectX IIRC.
>>
>> --
>> Kind regards,
>> Christophe Vanfleteren

>
> Does DirectX use openGL hardware then?


No, DirectX is its own system and has nothing to do with OpenGL.
It does use the 3D hardware if it is available though, if you have an
appropiate driver for your card (most of them are DirectX compatible).

--
Kind regards,
Christophe Vanfleteren
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C++ And TDD/ C++ programming on Android/ String Calculator Kata inC++/ C++and OpenGL on Android with the NDK/c++ Convert Integers to Roman Numerals sterta bole C++ 0 08-27-2012 09:09 PM
Using PyQT and OpenGL Peter TB Brett Python 1 07-26-2006 10:33 PM
povray and opengl install and use? anne001 Ruby 1 01-22-2006 02:02 PM
py2exe and OpenGL problem bigredindian@gmail.com Python 1 09-25-2005 09:30 PM
Help detecting and using Two Mice in Windows OpenGL app? Steve C++ 5 09-29-2003 02:55 PM



Advertisments