Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > More memory: Ant and manifest

More memory: Ant and manifest

Karsten Wutzke

How do I make my application allocate more memory on startup? Production
version is a simple JAR file, so it might work with some setting in the
manifest, doesn't it? It so, what does the entry look like?

How do achieve the same using Jakarta Ant?

TIA,
Karsten

Davor Cengija

Karsten Wutzke wrote:
> How do I make my application allocate more memory on startup?
> Production version is a simple JAR file, so it might work with some
> setting in the manifest, doesn't it? It so, what does the entry look
> like?

What about a simple wrapper script which would set -Xmx etc parameters prior
to calling -jar your.jar?
--
Davor Cengija, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Karsten Wutzke

Davor Cengija wrote:
> Karsten Wutzke wrote:
>
>>How do I make my application allocate more memory on startup?
>>Production version is a simple JAR file, so it might work with some
>>setting in the manifest, doesn't it? It so, what does the entry look
>>like?

> What about a simple wrapper script which would set -Xmx etc parameters prior
> to calling -jar your.jar?

Hmm. One of the requirements by my prof is, that the app should be
double clickable in a file manager, so this is not quite acceptable.

Isn't there any way by the manifest/JAR mechanism to set the -Xmx
option? Or is there a way to do that internally in my program?

Karsten