Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Best tool for programming music with Java? No MIDI, please!

Best tool for programming music with Java? No MIDI, please!

CazT

I'm interested in programming some music with Java, but all of this
MIDI stuff is too much. I'm looking for something simpler. I have
found these two tools that might help, and I'm wondering if anyone has
experience with them.

The first tool is jMusic - http://jmusic.ci.qut.edu.au/
The second is JFugue - http://www.jfugue.org

Does anyone know from experience the strengths and weaknesses of
these? Or if you know of other tools, that would be helpful too.

Thanks gang
Caz T

Doug Schwartz

Dick Baldwin has a tutorial about Java sound. Check out his Web site,
http://www.dickbaldwin.com/.

doug

news:(E-Mail Removed) m...