Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java WebStart and JFileChooser

Java WebStart and JFileChooser

Alex Schonlinner

Dear group readers,

We currently have a standard Java application which is running
just fine. Now we'd like to distribute it using WebStart. This
works fine for most of the part.

But: Serveral PC's have policies which allow writing only into
some specific directories. Now when using JFileChooser it first
of all tries to scan the available drives. This now fails with
SecurityExceptions. We tried to use a FileSystemView class of
our own but this did not work, too.

Does anybody know how to use the JFileChooser in an environment
where only a single directory has read/write access for an
application and all ther directories have neither read nor
write access?

Best regards,
Alex

Sun/Java would win BIG if they included xml based RIA in Java WebStart (think Adobe Flex) kwiatekfamily@gmail.com Java 2 03-08-2008 06:47 AM
Java Webstart hangs and gobbles up 95% CPU Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz Java 0 08-24-2006 06:59 PM
Java Webstart and JNI Henri Java 4 09-22-2003 07:08 PM
webstart and java.util.Preferences ? Carsten Zerbst Java 1 07-16-2003 03:02 PM
Re: java getPath getAbsolutePath getCanonicalPath and JFileChooser reuse Roedy Green Java 0 07-09-2003 08:31 PM

Advertisments