Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > explain what does it mean"there is no attribute"fptype"or"dynamicanimation"or"language"

explain what does it mean"there is no attribute"fptype"or"dynamicanimation"or"language"

christine bansard

my website is http://www.access-provence.com and i submit it for
validation with http://validator.w3.org yesterday.
the results are : 1.there is no attribute "fptype" in line : <script
language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation">
2.required attribute "type" not specified in line
:<script language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation">
3.required attribute "type" not specified in line
:<script language="JavaScript1.2" fptype="dynamicanimation"
src="animate.js"></script>
4.there is no attribute "dynamicanimation" and
"language" in line : <p laign="center"
dynamicanimation="fpAnimwaveWordsFP1" id="fpAnimwaveWordsFP1"
style="position:relative !important;language="JavaScript1.2">
The résults are the same with the validator
http://www.marketing-internet.com/cg...e/validite.cgi

Please, would you help me, i have built my website alone with
frontpage and a lot of books....and a lot of white nights !!!
It's very important for me so thank you very much for your help...
Chris

Christophe Vanfleteren

christine bansard wrote:

> my website is http://www.access-provence.com and i submit it for
> validation with http://validator.w3.org yesterday.
> the results are : 1.there is no attribute "fptype" in line : <script
> language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation">
> 2.required attribute "type" not specified in line
> :<script language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation">
> 3.required attribute "type" not specified in line
> :<script language="JavaScript1.2" fptype="dynamicanimation"
> src="animate.js"></script>
> 4.there is no attribute "dynamicanimation" and
> "language" in line : <p laign="center"
> dynamicanimation="fpAnimwaveWordsFP1" id="fpAnimwaveWordsFP1"
> style="position:relative !important;language="JavaScript1.2">
> The résults are the same with the validator
> http://www.marketing-internet.com/cg...e/validite.cgi
>
> Please, would you help me, i have built my website alone with
> frontpage and a lot of books....and a lot of white nights !!!
> It's very important for me so thank you very much for your help...
> Chris

This has nothing to do with Java at all. And not even Javascript. This is
you not knowing how to write proper html. There are plenty of
sites/newsgroups to help you with that.

--
Kind regards,
Christophe Vanfleteren

Anton Spaans

"christine bansard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> my website is http://www.access-provence.com and i submit it for
> validation with http://validator.w3.org yesterday.
> the results are : 1.there is no attribute "fptype" in line : <script
> language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation">
> 2.required attribute "type" not specified in line
> :<script language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation">
> 3.required attribute "type" not specified in line
> :<script language="JavaScript1.2" fptype="dynamicanimation"
> src="animate.js"></script>
> 4.there is no attribute "dynamicanimation" and
> "language" in line : <p laign="center"
> dynamicanimation="fpAnimwaveWordsFP1" id="fpAnimwaveWordsFP1"
> style="position:relative !important;language="JavaScript1.2">
> The résults are the same with the validator
> http://www.marketing-internet.com/cg...e/validite.cgi
>
> Please, would you help me, i have built my website alone with
> frontpage and a lot of books....and a lot of white nights !!!
> It's very important for me so thank you very much for your help...
> Chris

Maybe you get confused by the error message.
Instead of the message saying "there is no", it should say: "there should be
no".
The attributes fptype, dynamicanimation, etc. are not valid attributes for
the <script> element/tag. So, the validator will report them as being
invalid. And that's correct. These attributes are not valid (although
ignored by browsers that do not support them) and the validator.w3.org will
report them as such.

-- Anton.

christine bansard

"Anton Spaans" <aspaans at(noSPAM) smarttime dot(noSPAM) com> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "christine bansard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > my website is http://www.access-provence.com and i submit it for
> > validation with http://validator.w3.org yesterday.
> > the results are : 1.there is no attribute "fptype" in line : <script
> > language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation">
> > 2.required attribute "type" not specified in line
> > :<script language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation">

> 3.required attribute "type" not specified in line
> > :<script language="JavaScript1.2" fptype="dynamicanimation"
> > src="animate.js"></script>
> > 4.there is no attribute "dynamicanimation" and
> > "language" in line : <p laign="center"
> > dynamicanimation="fpAnimwaveWordsFP1" id="fpAnimwaveWordsFP1"
> > style="position:relative !important;language="JavaScript1.2">
> > The résults are the same with the validator
> > http://www.marketing-internet.com/cg...e/validite.cgi
> >
> > Please, would you help me, i have built my website alone with
> > frontpage and a lot of books....and a lot of white nights !!!
> > It's very important for me so thank you very much for your help...
> > Chris

> Maybe you get confused by the error message.
> Instead of the message saying "there is no", it should say: "there should be
> no".
> The attributes fptype, dynamicanimation, etc. are not valid attributes for
> the <script> element/tag. So, the validator will report them as being
> invalid. And that's correct. These attributes are not valid (although
> ignored by browsers that do not support them) and the validator.w3.org will
> report them as such.
>
> -- Anton.

Dear Anton,

Thank you so much for your answer.
So, do you mean that the browsers do "ignore" my website if i keep the
JavaScript like this in my htlm's source ?
I'd like my website good referenced, so what do you recommend me to do
?
Chris

christine bansard

Christophe Vanfleteren <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<0im%b.13989$(E-Mail Removed)-ops.be>...
> christine bansard wrote:
>
> > my website is http://www.access-provence.com and i submit it for
> > validation with http://validator.w3.org yesterday.
> > the results are : 1.there is no attribute "fptype" in line : <script
> > language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation">
> > 2.required attribute "type" not specified in line
> > :<script language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation">

> 3.required attribute "type" not specified in line
> > :<script language="JavaScript1.2" fptype="dynamicanimation"
> > src="animate.js"></script>
> > 4.there is no attribute "dynamicanimation" and
> > "language" in line : <p laign="center"
> > dynamicanimation="fpAnimwaveWordsFP1" id="fpAnimwaveWordsFP1"
> > style="position:relative !important;language="JavaScript1.2">
> > The résults are the same with the validator
> > http://www.marketing-internet.com/cg...e/validite.cgi
> >
> > Please, would you help me, i have built my website alone with
> > frontpage and a lot of books....and a lot of white nights !!!
> > It's very important for me so thank you very much for your help...
> > Chris

> This has nothing to do with Java at all. And not even Javascript. This is
> you not knowing how to write proper html. There are plenty of
> sites/newsgroups to help you with that.

Dear Christophe,

Thank you very much for your answer.
So, what kind of site/newsgroup do you recommand to help me for
writing propoer html ? Please if these sites are in french, it would
be easier for me...
Chris

Anton Spaans

"christine bansard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Anton Spaans" <aspaans at(noSPAM) smarttime dot(noSPAM) com> wrote in

message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > "christine bansard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > > my website is http://www.access-provence.com and i submit it for
> > > validation with http://validator.w3.org yesterday.
> > > the results are : 1.there is no attribute "fptype" in line : <script
> > > language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation">
> > > 2.required attribute "type" not specified in line
> > > :<script language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation">

> > 3.required attribute "type" not specified in line
> > > :<script language="JavaScript1.2" fptype="dynamicanimation"
> > > src="animate.js"></script>
> > > 4.there is no attribute "dynamicanimation" and
> > > "language" in line : <p laign="center"
> > > dynamicanimation="fpAnimwaveWordsFP1" id="fpAnimwaveWordsFP1"
> > > style="position:relative !important;language="JavaScript1.2">
> > > The résults are the same with the validator
> > > http://www.marketing-internet.com/cg...e/validite.cgi
> > >
> > > Please, would you help me, i have built my website alone with
> > > frontpage and a lot of books....and a lot of white nights !!!
> > > It's very important for me so thank you very much for your help...
> > > Chris

> > Maybe you get confused by the error message.
> > Instead of the message saying "there is no", it should say: "there

should be
> > no".
> > The attributes fptype, dynamicanimation, etc. are not valid attributes

for
> > the <script> element/tag. So, the validator will report them as being
> > invalid. And that's correct. These attributes are not valid (although
> > ignored by browsers that do not support them) and the validator.w3.org

will
> > report them as such.
> >
> > -- Anton.

> Dear Anton,
>
> Thank you so much for your answer.
> So, do you mean that the browsers do "ignore" my website if i keep the
> JavaScript like this in my htlm's source ?
> I'd like my website good referenced, so what do you recommend me to do
> ?
> Chris

Hi ,
Most (if not all) browsers will ignore the 'unknown' attributes, not the
elements that contain them. That means, they don't hurt, usually.
Validators, such as validator.w3.org don't like those 'unknown' attributes,
though.
Just run your page in any browser that you want to support. I would expect
no problems because of these attributes.
-- Anton.