Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Rendering HTML for display in a Java app?

Rendering HTML for display in a Java app?

Matt S.

Hello all,

I need to create a system that renders HTML within a Java Swing app.
Essentially I have HTML content that I need complete control of as to
how it is displayed (e.g. cycle through pages, render a screen in
memory of I can apply fade effects etc). So I need essentially a
method of rendering HTML to a Java canvas or some other Swing widget.
This'll run on Linux, so I am also not adverse to calling on an
external system if needs be (Mozilla, FireFox, etc), but I need a
robust and stable engine, so I'd be happier to keep everything in
Java. Anyone have any pointers so I don't have to reinvent the wheel?

Thanks,

Matt

Andrew Thompson

"Matt S." ...
> I need to create a system that renders HTML

An importatn question here is..
Do you have complete control over the HTML
you _receive_?

If you _generate_ the HTML, or the answer is
otherwise 'yes',...

>...within a Java Swing app.

....you might consider a JEditorPane.

> ...but I need a
> robust and stable engine,...

...hmmmm. I do not recall JEditorPanes ever
being accused of being either robust or stable,
but you might check them out..

--
Andrew Thompson

Ricardo

Matt S. wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I need to create a system that renders HTML within a Java Swing app.
> Essentially I have HTML content that I need complete control of as to
> how it is displayed (e.g. cycle through pages, render a screen in
> memory of I can apply fade effects etc). So I need essentially a
> method of rendering HTML to a Java canvas or some other Swing widget.
> This'll run on Linux, so I am also not adverse to calling on an
> external system if needs be (Mozilla, FireFox, etc), but I need a
> robust and stable engine, so I'd be happier to keep everything in
> Java. Anyone have any pointers so I don't have to reinvent the wheel?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

Have you tried IceSoft? <http://www.icesoft.com>

There is also web renderer <http://www.webrenderer.com>. Also, you
might want to search sourceforge as there used to be a couple of open
source projects going at one time.

PatriciaLopes PatriciaLopes is offline
Junior Member

Hi, try this post. I believe it can help.
http://mrbool.com/Display-html-contents-with-java/24532