Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Tomcat and checked/unchecked exceptions

Tomcat and checked/unchecked exceptions

Wendy S

Can someone possibly shed some light on this? I have a Servlet that keeps
coming up with:

ExceptionConverter: java.io.IOException: The document has no pages.
at com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfPages.writePageTree(Unknow n Source)
at com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfWriter.close(Unknown Source)
at com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfDocument.close(Unknown Source)
at com.lowagie.text.Document.close(Unknown Source)

The ExceptionConverter is:
http://itext.sourceforge.net/docs/co...Converter.html

Apparently it changes a checked exception into an unchecked one. I'm not
sure what that means to me, except that try as I might, I can't catch this
in Tomcat and present a nice error page:

<error-page>
<exception-type>javax.servlet.ServletException</exception-type>
<location>/exceptions/Exception.jsp</location>
</error-page>
<error-page>
<exception-type>java.io.IOException</exception-type>
<location>/exceptions/Exception.jsp</location>
</error-page>
<error-page>
<exception-type>com.lowagie.text.ExceptionConverter</exception-type>

--
Wendy in Chandler, AZ