Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Programmatic authorization using CMS in tomcat?

Programmatic authorization using CMS in tomcat?

Carl Howells

I'm using tomcat to set up the web interface for a system that involves
user accounts. I'm using container managed security to authenticate
users logging in to their accounts, which works fine.

People can also create new accounts on the system. Obviously, they
don't have to authenticate first in order to do this. When they're done
creating their account, I'd like for them to be authenticated, so that
they can move to the account management pages without having to log in
manually. Is this possible? I'm using form-based authentication, if it
makes any difference.