Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > WebSphere/WebLogic development

WebSphere/WebLogic development

Araxes Tharsis

Hi,

I am thinking in exploring EJBs with the evaluation versions of WebSphere
and WebLogic. Nevertheless, all the documentation I find is about using
WebSphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD) or BEA WebLogic Workshop...
For several reasons I don't want to use those particular IDEs, but a general
free tool like NetBeans. Anyone can point me to documentation/tutorials on
developing EJBs/WebServices for these Application Servers without the
associated IDEs?
Thank you very much,
Araes Tharsis

Deepak Nayal

http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs81/

Hope this helps.
Deepak

Araxes Tharsis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am thinking in exploring EJBs with the evaluation versions of WebSphere
> and WebLogic. Nevertheless, all the documentation I find is about using
> WebSphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD) or BEA WebLogic Workshop...
> For several reasons I don't want to use those particular IDEs, but a general
> free tool like NetBeans. Anyone can point me to documentation/tutorials on
> developing EJBs/WebServices for these Application Servers without the
> associated IDEs?
> Thank you very much,
> Araes Tharsis

Jose Rubio

"Araxes Tharsis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:402d5b63$0$25788$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I am thinking in exploring EJBs with the evaluation versions of WebSphere
> and WebLogic. Nevertheless, all the documentation I find is about using
> WebSphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD) or BEA WebLogic Workshop...
> For several reasons I don't want to use those particular IDEs, but a

general
> free tool like NetBeans. Anyone can point me to documentation/tutorials on
> developing EJBs/WebServices for these Application Servers without the
> associated IDEs?
> Thank you very much,
> Araes Tharsis

Should be no diffrent than developing EJBs for any other app server. The
only difference would be configuring the app server itself.

Plenty of books out there on developing EJBs.

Tony Morris

"Araxes Tharsis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:402d5b63$0$25788$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I am thinking in exploring EJBs with the evaluation versions of WebSphere
> and WebLogic. Nevertheless, all the documentation I find is about using
> WebSphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD) or BEA WebLogic Workshop...
> For several reasons I don't want to use those particular IDEs, but a

general
> free tool like NetBeans. Anyone can point me to documentation/tutorials on
> developing EJBs/WebServices for these Application Servers without the
> associated IDEs?
> Thank you very much,
> Araes Tharsis

If you *need* an IDE to develop EJBs, it suggests that you shouldn't be
using an IDE at all. You really should learn the fundamentals of what an EJB
is, perhaps even with a text editor and an open source J2EE container.

WSAD comes with a WAS test environment, which, admittedly, makes it easy to
develop J2EE applications, rather than having to perform a full deploy each
time a change is made outside of the environment.

--
Tony Morris
Software Engineer