Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > How to get personal web server to test java mail API and servlet

How to get personal web server to test java mail API and servlet

vectrum

Hello,
I am learning java and using jdk1.2, sdk2.0 , bdk1.1 and java mail api1.3.1.
I am using servletrunner for testing simple servlet and right now can't use
java mail api. Plz tell
me how and where I will get java personal webserver for testing my apps.
Sun stopped producing personal webserver 2.0 and there is another another ,
tomcat but
with many version. If u sugggest me to use tomcat then plz recomend which
version I should use. My os win 2k server.
Regards

hiwa

"vectrum" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<c062as$11ea7q$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>...
> Hello,
> I am learning java and using jdk1.2, sdk2.0 , bdk1.1 and java mail api1.3.1.
> I am using servletrunner for testing simple servlet and right now can't use
> java mail api. Plz tell
> me how and where I will get java personal webserver for testing my apps.
> Sun stopped producing personal webserver 2.0 and there is another another ,
> tomcat but
> with many version. If u sugggest me to use tomcat then plz recomend which
> version I should use. My os win 2k server.
> Regards

Visit http://www.caucho.com/ and get Resin 2.1.12, or 3.0.6 which is
servlet spec 2.4 implementation.

vectrum

Thanks for your help. Thank you very much. I downloaded tocat and now trying
to downloaded jetty to test my java mail api. I post a new message and plz
check that post what you consider best.
Regards

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...