Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > When did Sun introduce JSP?

When did Sun introduce JSP?

Stan

Hi,

Could someone advise me when Sun introduce JSP, J2ee to the public?

Thank you!

Stanley

Berlin Brown

Stan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could someone advise me when Sun introduce JSP, J2ee to the public?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Stanley

From my little book, here;

Oak was created around 1994.
Oak changed named to Java around 1995 and a web browser WebRunner to
HotJava.

It looks like j2ee was created around 1995 too, cant be sure though?

Jon A. Cruz

Berlin Brown wrote:

> It looks like j2ee was created around 1995 too, cant be sure though?

Nope. Came out much later

Tony Morris

"Stan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
>
> Could someone advise me when Sun introduce JSP, J2ee to the public?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Stanley

The J2EE 1.2 Specification was released on 17 December, 1999 containing the
JSP 1.1 Specification.

--
Tony Morris
Software Engineer

Chris Smith

Tony Morris wrote:
> The J2EE 1.2 Specification was released on 17 December, 1999 containing the
> JSP 1.1 Specification.

It's worth noting that this is not the first public release of either
J2EE or JSP. I recall developing in JSP 1.0; that's in fact where all
of the "JSP mixes Java code with HTML" complaints come from; back in
1.1, JSP was quite ASP-like and that was your only option.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Jon A. Cruz

Chris Smith wrote:
> Tony Morris wrote:
> It's worth noting that this is not the first public release of either
> J2EE or JSP. I recall developing in JSP 1.0; that's in fact where all
> of the "JSP mixes Java code with HTML" complaints come from; back in
> 1.1, JSP was quite ASP-like and that was your only option.

In 1998 I worked on migrating some of our code to the 'new' servlets
paradigm.

Tony Morris

"Chris Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)4.net...
> Tony Morris wrote:
> > The J2EE 1.2 Specification was released on 17 December, 1999 containing

the
> > JSP 1.1 Specification.
> >

> It's worth noting that this is not the first public release of either
> J2EE or JSP. I recall developing in JSP 1.0; that's in fact where all
> of the "JSP mixes Java code with HTML" complaints come from; back in
> 1.1, JSP was quite ASP-like and that was your only option.
>
> --
> www.designacourse.com
> The Easiest Way to Train Anyone... Anywhere.

> MindIQ Corporation

I recall those days as well, hence my apprehension to suggest that it was
the "first" release.
I couldn't find anything more on the Sun site.

--
Tony Morris
Software Engineer