Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java program hang,how to do problem determination

Java program hang,how to do problem determination

Victor Zhang

Hello,
Here is the message I posted on ibm-main,and I need to crosspost here:
(begin quoting messages)
I donwloaded latest IBM softcopy reader 3.2,and when I
click "Book Reader" icon,command is:
"C:\Program Files\IBM\SCR\sys\hlcb.exe" "-d"
"C:\Program Files\IBM\SCR\sys"
A window containing a status indicator bar
appearred,but no progress,always shows 0%,the process
"hlcb" has no CPU usage nor no I/O,the application
does nothing, I don't know what's wrong.
But if I click a book icon,the reader window can
sometimes show normally or just hang their like
previous one.I know this version of reader requires no
JRE,but I still installed latest 1.4.2 JRE from
sun,the same result.
Please help me.
OS version: WINDOWS XP professional,simplified Chinese
IBM softcopy reader v3.2

(end quoting messages)
Is there a method to determine why softcopy reader is waiting? As
reported by other people, softcopy can run under their operating
system without any problem.

Regards
Victor