Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Customizing Transformer objects when writing to an XML file

Customizing Transformer objects when writing to an XML file

Peter Loh

Hi,

I would like to transform an in-memory DOM object in a particular
fashion (e.g. alphabetically sorting the elements at each level)
before writing the result to an XML file. It seems that this should
be possible using transformer objects
(javax.xml.transform.Transformer), but I couldn't find any related
documentation. Would appreciate any information on how I could
achieve this. Thanks.

Peter