Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > html to jpg/gif converter

html to jpg/gif converter

kAldam

Hi All,

I have seen this issue all over but haven't been able to find anything
that will work specifically to what I need. This is the scenario.

- This is a java solution
- The code will be in a servlet.
- Servlet runs in tomcat.
- Tomcat runs as a service (HEADLESS environment)

I can tell you before hand what WOULDN'T work for me:

- Manual Screeshots
- HTML2JPG software, it works fine when calling the html2jpg blackbox
from a command prompt but because it uses some ActiveX components, it
needs to open a window (doesn't work on a headless environment).

Ideally:
- My servlet gets an array of string urls.
- Code runs and uses urls to creates jpgs or gifs and stores them.

If you know of some libraries or a solution that you may know, please
let me know.

Thanks

htmlsnapshot@gmail.com

See http://www.guangmingsoft.net/htmlsnapshot/help.htm

HTML Snapshot ActiveX control uses the internet explorer's
functionality to take (capture) a snapshot of a given URL. It hosts the
web browser control on windows to download webpage and then capture the
WHOLE html page it as image. It can be easily integrated into
applications written in languages that support ActiveX control such as
Visual C++, Visual Basic, Delphi, C++ Builder and .Net languages.
*Directly save the webpage at a given URL into image in bmp, jpeg,
tiff, gif or png format.
*Directly convert html string to images.
*Support saving the whole html page to image without scrollbar. *Create
thumbnail images from large images.
*Get links, title, cookie or html source of a page
*Get the html document DOM interface
*Make gray or black and white images
*Reduce color number in images while keeping better quality.
*Examples in VC, Delphi, VB, VB.Net, C#, ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, Perl,
Python, ColdFusion, VB and Java script as well as Java are provided.
*Support JPEG compression level and TIFF compression method selection

Ann

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> See http://www.guangmingsoft.net/htmlsnapshot/help.htm
>
> HTML Snapshot ActiveX control uses the internet explorer's
> functionality to take (capture) a snapshot of a given URL. It hosts the
> web browser control on windows to download webpage and then capture the
> WHOLE html page it as image. It can be easily integrated into
> applications written in languages that support ActiveX control such as
> Visual C++, Visual Basic, Delphi, C++ Builder and .Net languages.
> *Directly save the webpage at a given URL into image in bmp, jpeg,
> tiff, gif or png format.
> *Directly convert html string to images.
> *Support saving the whole html page to image without scrollbar. *Create
> thumbnail images from large images.
> *Get links, title, cookie or html source of a page
> *Get the html document DOM interface
> *Make gray or black and white images
> *Reduce color number in images while keeping better quality.
> *Examples in VC, Delphi, VB, VB.Net, C#, ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, Perl,
> Python, ColdFusion, VB and Java script as well as Java are provided.
> *Support JPEG compression level and TIFF compression method selection

I don't allow activex on my machine from web pages. Why not load the
page normally then run a simple screen dump program.

htmlsnapshot@gmail.com

HtmlSnapshot is for server and programmer usage.
If you want a normal application,
Try Html To Image
http://www.guangmingsoft.net/htmltoimage/help.htm
Its features:

Directly save the webpage at a given URL into image in bmp, jpeg, tiff,
gif or png format.
Create thumbnail images from large images.
Batch conversion is supported.
Integrate with Internet Explorer's context menu.
Support converting local HTML, MHT, TXT files to image.
Support JPEG compression level
Support capturing site with flash content.
Run at background, web pages don't need to be displayed for capturing.
Ming