Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > FSM (Finite State Machine) Generator - Open Source

FSM (Finite State Machine) Generator - Open Source

Roberto Nunnari

Hi all.

I announce that there's a brand new, free FSM Generator
in the Open Source arena: NunniFSMGen - release 1.0-RC1

http://nunnifsmgen.nunnisoft.ch

NunniFSMGen is a java tool that starting from a transition table
generates the corresponding FSM (Finite State Machine) in
Java, C or C++ source code. It has been developped in 2003
at NunniSoft for generating the FSMs of our own software and
successfully used (here at NunniSoft) since it's first internal
release (in June 2003).

NunniFSMGen is different from other FSM generators because it
cleanly separates logic from implementation by using a modified
version of the state pattern. In fact, you'll only want to
modify one of all the generated files. Thus making it very
easy to integrate in your development process.

To show how helpful NunniFSMGen is in software development,
we've developped and just released (again as Open Source)
a small (less than 30KB) java xml parser, NunniMJAX.

http://nunnimjax.nunnisoft.ch

Due to the fact that up to now it has been the effort of
just one person, and that it's still extremely young.. it
surely still has bugs... but the testcases up to now show
that overall it behaves quite well.

Contributions, patches, bug reports or just success stories
are welcome.

Best regards.
--
Roberto Nunnari -software engineer-
(E-Mail Removed)

Roberto Nunnari

Sorry for the noise.. as this is a english language list
I should have put the link to the english pages and not the
document root (that is italian..)

So.. here are the links to english for english speakers:
http://nunnifsmgen.nunnisoft.ch/en/
http://nunnimjax.nunnisoft.ch/en/

Roberto Nunnari wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I announce that there's a brand new, free FSM Generator
> in the Open Source arena: NunniFSMGen - release 1.0-RC1
>
> http://nunnifsmgen.nunnisoft.ch
>
> NunniFSMGen is a java tool that starting from a transition table
> generates the corresponding FSM (Finite State Machine) in
> Java, C or C++ source code. It has been developped in 2003
> at NunniSoft for generating the FSMs of our own software and
> successfully used (here at NunniSoft) since it's first internal
> release (in June 2003).
>
> NunniFSMGen is different from other FSM generators because it
> cleanly separates logic from implementation by using a modified
> version of the state pattern. In fact, you'll only want to
> modify one of all the generated files. Thus making it very
> easy to integrate in your development process.
>
> To show how helpful NunniFSMGen is in software development,
> we've developped and just released (again as Open Source)
> a small (less than 30KB) java xml parser, NunniMJAX.
>
> http://nunnimjax.nunnisoft.ch
>
> Due to the fact that up to now it has been the effort of
> just one person, and that it's still extremely young.. it
> surely still has bugs... but the testcases up to now show
> that overall it behaves quite well.
>
> Contributions, patches, bug reports or just success stories
> are welcome.
>
> Best regards.

Thomas Weidenfeller

Roberto Nunnari wrote:
> Sorry for the noise.. as this is a english language list
> I should have put the link to the english pages and not the
> document root (that is italian..)

No, you should have used the announcement group for this, and not
clutter this group at all.

/Thomas

FSM with more than 1 input at each state swiss student VHDL 2 05-26-2005 10:49 AM
Which FSM State? Jake VHDL 0 10-25-2004 09:52 PM
FSM in illegal state Jerker Hammarberg \(DST\) VHDL 48 07-21-2004 06:05 PM
FSM (Finite State Machine) Generator - Open Source Roberto Nunnari C Programming 10 02-09-2004 03:57 PM
FSM (Finite State Machine) Generator - Open Source Roberto Nunnari C++ 1 02-03-2004 11:08 PM

Advertisments