Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > COM - java difficulties

COM - java difficulties

ketil v

I got to make Java use native methods written in a Delphi - program that I
dont got access to the sources for. The Delphi - programmers have made a
DLL for me to use as a interface, and a API telling me what's in the DLL.
I do not got the faintest idea about there to start digging for info about
how to do this, all I find is JNI - handbooks and examples about how to
write Java - programs that use specialized C / C++ / Delphi - classes, and
that both connect via a interface that got to be created specially.
This is not a option, since I dont got access to the Delphi sources, and
know nothing about Delphi, C og C++.

Does anybody know where I should look for a solution?

The environment is Windows.

--
Ketil V.

Likes RFC 1855 (and Pizza)

Jim Sculley

ketil v wrote:
> I got to make Java use native methods written in a Delphi - program that I
> dont got access to the sources for. The Delphi - programmers have made a
> DLL for me to use as a interface, and a API telling me what's in the DLL.
> I do not got the faintest idea about there to start digging for info about
> how to do this, all I find is JNI - handbooks and examples about how to
> write Java - programs that use specialized C / C++ / Delphi - classes, and
> that both connect via a interface that got to be created specially.
> This is not a option, since I dont got access to the Delphi sources, and
> know nothing about Delphi, C og C++.
>
> Does anybody know where I should look for a solution?
>
> The environment is Windows.

There are a variety of Java-COM bridges out there. Most can take the
interface to a DLL and convert it into equivalent Java, generating the
necessary native stuff.

See

http://www.relevancellc.com/halloway/JavaWin32.html

for some ideas.

Jim S.
--
Remove my extraneous mandibular appendages to reply via email.

Rick Osborn

I used a product called Linar's JIntegra.
It had good detailed instruction and I believe free download.

Jim Sculley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> ketil v wrote:
> > I got to make Java use native methods written in a Delphi - program that I
> > dont got access to the sources for. The Delphi - programmers have made a
> > DLL for me to use as a interface, and a API telling me what's in the DLL.
> > I do not got the faintest idea about there to start digging for info about
> > how to do this, all I find is JNI - handbooks and examples about how to
> > write Java - programs that use specialized C / C++ / Delphi - classes, and
> > that both connect via a interface that got to be created specially.
> > This is not a option, since I dont got access to the Delphi sources, and
> > know nothing about Delphi, C og C++.
> >
> > Does anybody know where I should look for a solution?
> >
> > The environment is Windows.
> >

> There are a variety of Java-COM bridges out there. Most can take the
> interface to a DLL and convert it into equivalent Java, generating the
> necessary native stuff.
>
> See
>
> http://www.relevancellc.com/halloway/JavaWin32.html
>
> for some ideas.
>
> Jim S.

ketil v

Rick Osborn skrev:

> I used a product called Linar's JIntegra.
> It had good detailed instruction and I believe free download.
>
> Jim Sculley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
>> ketil v wrote:
>> > I got to make Java use native methods written in a Delphi - program
>> > that I dont got access to the sources for. The Delphi - programmers
>> > have made a DLL for me to use as a interface, and a API telling me
>> > what's in the DLL. I do not got the faintest idea about there to start
>> > digging for info about how to do this, all I find is JNI - handbooks
>> > and examples about how to write Java - programs that use specialized C
>> > / C++ / Delphi - classes, and that both connect via a interface that
>> > got to be created specially. This is not a option, since I dont got
>> > access to the Delphi sources, and know nothing about Delphi, C og C++.
>> >
>> > Does anybody know where I should look for a solution?
>> >
>> > The environment is Windows.
>> >

>> There are a variety of Java-COM bridges out there. Most can take the
>> interface to a DLL and convert it into equivalent Java, generating the
>> necessary native stuff.
>>
>> See
>>
>> http://www.relevancellc.com/halloway/JavaWin32.html
>>
>> for some ideas.
>>
>> Jim S.

Thanks! - I'll take a look.

The importance of newsgroups can't be underestimated! - Have been struggling
with this problem over a week now, came almost to the point of learning
myself C, and refreshing my Pascal, to get around it...

--
Ketil V.

Likes RFC 1855 (and Pizza)

Difficulties with Java Jon Harrop Java 4 08-07-2006 04:44 PM
Is there any provisions for leaning difficulties in the mcse exams =?Utf-8?B?ZW5ncmhhcnY=?= Microsoft Certification 1 04-14-2005 10:02 AM
Re: Difficulties with Include Parameters/java.net.URLEncoder class John C. Bollinger Java 1 02-28-2005 08:40 AM
VLAN Difficulties? gallwapa@puyallup.k12.wa.us Cisco 2 12-10-2004 04:58 PM
Access difficulties to new SoHo 91 router Chris Cisco 1 05-23-2004 08:56 AM

Advertisments