Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java for the C64

Java for the C64

Alberto Panno-Peano

Java has just been ported to the C64, available on on 5.25" disk.

The C64 with itīs massive 64K memory, modern 5.25" drives with about
170KB/side, state-of-the art 6510 CPU is one of the top-systems
available today.

So get a C64 fast to write some good JAVA programs.

Erwin Moller

Alberto Panno-Peano wrote:

> Java has just been ported to the C64, available on on 5.25" disk.
>
> The C64 with itÂīs massive 64K memory, modern 5.25" drives with about
> 170KB/side, state-of-the art 6510 CPU is one of the top-systems
> available today.
>
> So get a C64 fast to write some good JAVA programs.

LOL, great!

So where can I download the JVM for C64?

I don't believe you!

Regards,
Erwin

Paul

I wonder if they'll be doing a version for the Speccy

Alberto Panno-Peano wrote:
> Java has just been ported to the C64, available on on 5.25" disk.
>
> The C64 with itīs massive 64K memory, modern 5.25" drives with about
> 170KB/side, state-of-the art 6510 CPU is one of the top-systems
> available today.
>
> So get a C64 fast to write some good JAVA programs.

Thomas Kellerer

Alberto Panno-Peano schrieb:

> Java has just been ported to the C64, available on on 5.25" disk.
>
> The C64 with itīs massive 64K memory, modern 5.25" drives with about
> 170KB/side, state-of-the art 6510 CPU is one of the top-systems
> available today.
>
> So get a C64 fast to write some good JAVA programs.

Does it run on top of Simon's Basic or are those extensions not required?

And I would need a distribution on cassette, as I haven't been able to upgrade
my production system with a floppy disk

Thomas

visionset

> > So get a C64 fast to write some good JAVA programs.

> Does it run on top of Simon's Basic or are those extensions not required?
>
> And I would need a distribution on cassette, as I haven't been able to

upgrade
> my production system with a floppy disk

Apparantly the machine code is available to type in.
Will this fit your needs?

--
Mike W

Hop Pocket

Wait, so I guess the Vic-20 version is just not going to come out at all?

"visionset" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Nk8Pb.7061$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > > So get a C64 fast to write some good JAVA programs.

> > Does it run on top of Simon's Basic or are those extensions not

required?

> > And I would need a distribution on cassette, as I haven't been able to

> upgrade
> > my production system with a floppy disk
> >

> Apparantly the machine code is available to type in.
> Will this fit your needs?
>
> --
> Mike W

Mladen Adamovic

Great! Send me your project and I'll make JAVA library support for C64
sprites and sound.

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...

brougham5@yahoo.com

"visionset" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Apparantly the machine code is available to type in.

<shudder>

I remember typing in machine code from magazines many years ago to see what
the programs did.

steve

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 01:43:53 +0800, Mladen Adamovic wrote
(in article <buvsmi$4h6$(E-Mail Removed)>):

> Great! Send me your project and I'll make JAVA library support for C64
> sprites and sound.
>
> "Alberto Panno-Peano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>> Java has just been ported to the C64, available on on 5.25" disk.
>>
>> The C64 with itīs massive 64K memory, modern 5.25" drives with about
>> 170KB/side, state-of-the art 6510 CPU is one of the top-systems
>> available today.
>>
>> So get a C64 fast to write some good JAVA programs.

Jesus ,is that thing still going, I co-wrote jetset willy for that beast
nearly 15 years ago.
Don't forget the java support for the tape drive and joy stick.

steve

Epson Stylus C64 Vic Computer Support 0 09-07-2005 06:57 PM
More Info on the Epson C64 Vic Computer Support 1 08-25-2005 09:16 PM
Epson C64 Vic Computer Support 3 08-25-2005 06:44 AM
Where can I get the C64 on TV BackToNormal NZ Computing 2 10-27-2003 05:57 AM
Paper experiences with Epson C64/C84? Ohaya Digital Photography 1 10-08-2003 03:15 AM

Advertisments