Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Is SOAP the best RPC to use between a Java app and a COM based app?

Is SOAP the best RPC to use between a Java app and a COM based app?

TheRookie

I have developed a Java application that needs to communicate with a
pre-developed C++ based application. Currently, the C++ app only
supports SOAP as a communication means. I am looking for benchmarks
showing that alternative RPCs (Java to DCOM?)provide superior
performance. Anyone have any data supporting this, or any ideas where
I might find them? Even some tools to test this would be great.

Thanks.

Python script xml-rpc to C# xml-rpc script Ymtrader Python 1 03-15-2011 03:20 PM
rpc (not xml-rpc) Vladimir Konrad Ruby 5 09-03-2005 02:18 PM
XML RPC to ONC XDR RPC Pere Montolio XML 0 08-11-2004 08:47 AM
XML-RPC and SOAP:differences and general issues... RedHat_79 XML 0 05-29-2004 11:21 AM
Ruby and Sun-RPC or ONC-RPC ? Shirish Joshi Ruby 0 04-07-2004 10:12 AM

Advertisments