Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > J2ME: XML and sending files to SonyEricsson T610

Reply
Thread Tools

J2ME: XML and sending files to SonyEricsson T610

 
 
Martin Nilsson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-19-2004
Hi,

I'm new to J2ME. I'll write an application which will run on a Sony Ericsson
T610 mobile phone.

o The mobile should download a XML file and then process it. Anyone who have
sent a XML file via Bluetooth.

o Could someone post code for parsing XML that works with T610?

Thanks,

Martin


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Darryl L. Pierce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-20-2004
Martin Nilsson wrote:

> I'm new to J2ME. I'll write an application which will run on a Sony
> Ericsson T610 mobile phone.
>
> o The mobile should download a XML file and then process it. Anyone who
> have sent a XML file via Bluetooth.


Does the T610 support JSR-82? If not, you won't have access to Bluetooth.

> o Could someone post code for parsing XML that works with T610?


Not the simplest of choices, eh? You'll need to download one of the micro
parsers and include it with your MIDlet suite since the MIDP doesn't have
its own XML APIs.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <(E-Mail Removed)>
Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce>
"What do you care what other people think, Mr. Feynman?"
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
David Zimmerman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-20-2004


Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> Martin Nilsson wrote:
>
>
>>I'm new to J2ME. I'll write an application which will run on a Sony
>>Ericsson T610 mobile phone.
>>
>>o The mobile should download a XML file and then process it. Anyone who
>>have sent a XML file via Bluetooth.

>
>
> Does the T610 support JSR-82? If not, you won't have access to Bluetooth.
>
>
>>o Could someone post code for parsing XML that works with T610?

>
>
> Not the simplest of choices, eh? You'll need to download one of the micro
> parsers and include it with your MIDlet suite since the MIDP doesn't have
> its own XML APIs.
>


We've been very happy with the stuff from kobjects.org, including kxml
(XML support in a small world) and ksoap (ditto for soap [if you really,
really need soap in MIDP, I sympathize])

 
Reply With Quote
 
Darryl L. Pierce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-20-2004
David Zimmerman wrote:

>> Not the simplest of choices, eh? You'll need to download one of the micro
>> parsers and include it with your MIDlet suite since the MIDP doesn't have
>> its own XML APIs.

>
> We've been very happy with the stuff from kobjects.org, including kxml
> (XML support in a small world) and ksoap (ditto for soap [if you really,
> really need soap in MIDP, I sympathize])


How small is the XML code? I'm thinking that some of the problems I've
encountered in my current project could be eliminated by switching from
custom encoding to XML. Small performance hit, but I think overall I could
get a better return from it.

BTW, saw you this morning on Tryon Rd. Did you hear a car beep at you just
before you got onto the highway?

--
Darryl L. Pierce <(E-Mail Removed)>
Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce>
"What do you care what other people think, Mr. Feynman?"
 
Reply With Quote
 
David Zimmerman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2004


Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> David Zimmerman wrote:
>
>
>>>Not the simplest of choices, eh? You'll need to download one of the micro
>>>parsers and include it with your MIDlet suite since the MIDP doesn't have
>>>its own XML APIs.

>>
>>We've been very happy with the stuff from kobjects.org, including kxml
>>(XML support in a small world) and ksoap (ditto for soap [if you really,
>>really need soap in MIDP, I sympathize])

>
>
> How small is the XML code? I'm thinking that some of the problems I've
> encountered in my current project could be eliminated by switching from
> custom encoding to XML. Small performance hit, but I think overall I could
> get a better return from it.
>
> BTW, saw you this morning on Tryon Rd. Did you hear a car beep at you just
> before you got onto the highway?
>

I think so, but I get honked at by lots of people, mostly angry

 
Reply With Quote
 
Darryl L. Pierce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2004
David Zimmerman wrote:

>> BTW, saw you this morning on Tryon Rd. Did you hear a car beep at you
>> just before you got onto the highway?
>>

> I think so, but I get honked at by lots of people, mostly angry


Hehe, no doubt. Wonderful driver courtesy.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <(E-Mail Removed)>
Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce>
"What do you care what other people think, Mr. Feynman?"
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[j2me] make a picture on SonyEricsson P800 krzyso Java 2 01-16-2005 06:19 PM
Problems with XHTML devices (SonyEricsson T300) HF ASP .Net Mobile 0 08-18-2003 03:38 PM
Sony Ericsson T610 - Repost *** HAWK Computer Support 3 07-21-2003 10:44 PM
Sony Ericsson T610 *** HAWK Computer Support 2 07-21-2003 09:33 PM
Weak Java performance with Sony Ericsson T610? totojepast Java 0 07-10-2003 03:52 PM



Advertisments