Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > AspectJ compiler and incrimental compilation?

AspectJ compiler and incrimental compilation?

Peter Litvak

Hi,

Is there any way to get an incremental compilation with AspectJ
compiler using ANT task? The –incremental mode that described in the
documentation is not what I need. In that mode you have to run your
build script and then after full compilation is done the compiler is
sitting there and waiting until you press ‘r' to rebuild (then it
rebuilds only changed files) or ‘q' to quit. This is so called
"online" mode. Where I need an "offline" mode because I use ANT build
script from an IDE and I cannot have the compiler to idle.
Basically I want to make AspectJ Ant task to behave pretty much like
regular javac task.

Any suggestions? Maybe there is another aspects compiler out there
that does the job right?