Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Read registry entry

Read registry entry

Dilantha Seneviratne

Hi
Could somone advice me on how I could read a registry entry.

Thanks

Andrew Thompson

"Dilantha Seneviratne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Hi
| Could somone advice me on how I could read a registry
entry.

Sure, open it on screen and follow the
characters from left to right.. But what
does that have to do with Java?

Dilantha Seneviratne

Ya... with Java ofcourse.

Andrew Thompson wrote:

> "Dilantha Seneviratne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | Hi
> | Could somone advice me on how I could read a registry
> entry.
>
> Sure, open it on screen and follow the
> characters from left to right.. But what
> does that have to do with Java?

BarryNL

Dilantha Seneviratne wrote:
> Hi
> Could somone advice me on how I could read a registry entry.
>
> Thanks

Given that Java is cross-platform, the question is how would you do this
in a way that would also work under Linux, MacOS, DB2, etc.?

The answer, of course, is that you don't do this in Java; you use JNI.

Barry.

Ken Larson

BarryNL wrote:
> Dilantha Seneviratne wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> Could somone advice me on how I could read a registry entry.
>>
>> Thanks

> Given that Java is cross-platform, the question is how would you do this
> in a way that would also work under Linux, MacOS, DB2, etc.?
>
> The answer, of course, is that you don't do this in Java; you use JNI.
>
> Barry.

there are a few places out there where you can find java/jni source do
do this, some open source. I ended up rolling my own as a way to learn
jni myself. Another possibility is jawin (on sourceforge), which lets
you call any windows dll from java, without having to write your own jni.